Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunil, you are so right about disciplined and evolved citizenship at its best

Sunil, you are so right about disciplined and evolved citizenship at its best.

The chaos that Mumbaikars created at the Bandra-Worli Sea Link had to be seen to be believed. Hour-long queues to get on to the Sea Link, stopping to take photographs, taking U-turns at will, unmindful of the problems they were creating for others.

All because it was free!

And since the day the toll has been levied, we have no more than 15,000 cars using the Sea Link daily.

I remember the last ‘free’ day (Sunday). I had to go to Four Seasons for dinner. After idling for a while at Worli Chawls, I parked my car at the side of the road and started walking. (Four Seasons is slightly less than a kilometre from there). While walking, I noticed the BEST buses waiting in the jam, which I knew pass by Four Seasons.

When I reached the hotel, I just turned and looked back. Forget about passing, the buses were still nowhere to be seen. They had not even reached the Worli Naka signal!

The funnier (?) part is – when I left the hotel at about 11:30 p.m., the traffic jam was still there! And I again noted a couple of BEST buses, which did not overtake me even when I reached my car!

How much more crazy can we get?

Talking of crazy, let me leave you with possibly the most lingering image of the opening day.



Sunil, you are so right about disciplined and evolved citizenship at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment