Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Power of Music

Name one thing synonymous with Hindi Movies (or any Indian movie for that matter).

You’re right, it’s music! Virtually no movie is complete without it.

And therefore, after my previous post on movies, it is only apt that my next post is on music.

However, it is not about film music, but about music itself.

It is said that music has the power to relieve tensions (though some types of music work the opposite!). Music attracts and unites people, irrespective of caste, creed, beliefs, attitudes, geographical boundaries...

And that is where I end this post – geographical boundaries...

With a link to a little film that I saw on youtube, courtesy my friend, A.G. Danish (Thank You, Danish!). Actually I wanted to just post the link, but I realised I hadn’t bored all of you for a while, hence these few lines.

Enjoy!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2tFfQyv4uM

(P.S. Apologies to my friends who are not from India. This tune is very unique to our country)

1 comment: