Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

My love letter to Vodafone

Dear Vodafone,

Thank you for being my companion for the most part since 1996. I still remember my first compass box and first number (9820074200), both of which were due to you; and I wonder where they both are today!

 

Thanks also for giving me good service for most of the time we have been together. No real complaints there.
 

However, I ponder upon a few issues that irk me, and would appreciate if you could change your ways slightly for the sake of our relationship.
 

1. Mumbai and Navi Mumbai are now completely inter-connected. Why then, do you still leave my side for the stretch between the Octroi Naka and the Vashi Toll Naka? Do you swim that stretch while I'm up on the road? I'd flirted with Reliance for a while (Okay, okay! I'm sorry, alright?) and while she had her own faults, she never ever deserted me like this.
 

2. Where do you go to leaving me alone when I'm turning left at Vashi Plaza. You do this everyday!
 

3. I really want to be only with you, without disturbance. To ensure our privacy, I had told your parents (TRAI) - DO NOT DISTURB! And I do get very angry when your friends disturb me. Why do they still do this?
 

They had reduced initially, but are back with a bang with their SMS messages and phone calls.
 

4. Tell me honestly, do you give them my number? Because one of your friends called up on Friday when I was in a meeting, and our conversation went somewhat as follows-
Friend: Good Morning Sir. I am calling from...
Me: I'm sorry, why am I receiving this call when I'm registered on DND.
Friend: What?
Me: I'm registered on DND. Please don't call me again.
Friend: Sun toh lijiye...
Me: I'm busy. Please hang up or I'll complain to...
Friend: Toh karlo na. Kisne roka hai.
Me: What?!?!
Friend: Kar lo na complaint. Humein aapka number company waalo se hi milaa hai...

 

I disconnected!
 

5. I am getting a feeling you do go gallivanting with some of these friends behind my back. What else explains the following for certain friends-
I complain to your parents who assure me "We have received your request for DND. We respect your privacy. Your request confirmation will be sent to you soon."
 

But soon after, I get a terse SMS from you saying, "Hello! We are unable to process your request currently. Please try after sometime".
 

Once a few months ago, I had kept trying twice a day for three consecutive days, and kept getting the same message. How can that be possible?
 

Your two new friends who you are flirting with nowadays are +918508965821 and +917402004851.
 

Darling, I don't like this!
 

I sincerely hope you work on the  above. After all, one does have to change a bit for the sake of a relationship, don't you agree?
 

And I do love you!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back on the blog. I should be, too.
    Lazy, lazy, lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haa haaa haaaaaa. I did get past the DND message, I just called up the customer care and asked to register me for DND.

    ReplyDelete