Search This Blog

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Finally, some action by the Municipal Authorities

Finally, all the roads around our house are being re-laid and paved. Even the broken drainage pipe near our house has been replaced. :-)

I’d like to believe that the blog worked, but it was more due to the efforts of my mother and my wife. I’ve lost count of the times they went to the Ward Office, called up the Ward Officer and other officers and generally made sure that their voices were heard.

They do really deserve a treat for this!

And Waseem, you’re right in your comment about our mentality related to traffic. Your comment has brought to the fore some thoughts that have been simmering at the back of my mind for quite a while now.

I’m going to try and put them in some semblance of order by next week. A couple of them sound a bit radical to me, and I would like the opinion of all of you on whether I should take them beyond the blog into some sort of action.

Watch this post next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment