Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Congrats Sachin, but I wanted more!

Words fail me when I want to congratulate possibly the best overall batsman (and a good but under-utilised bowler) in world cricket today!

On the way to a meeting, listening to the commentary on AIR, I was rooting for Sachin to complete his double century and create a new world record. And when he eventually did, I stopped the car to clap, whistle and do a little jig right there, at the junction of Hiranandani and Kailas Complex, Powai.

But I must confess that I was a tad disappointed! Not much, just a miniscule - I think the disappointment was somewhere in the range of 2.96 parts per trillion.

Because when he had reached 186 in the 43rd over, and runs were coming in torrents, my expectations had increased.

I wanted him to then take more of the strike and score 230.

Because, that would have then been the world record for the highest score in any recognised form of one day international cricket.

Beating Belinda Clark's 229*, for Australia v/s Denmark in the Women's World Cup in Dec 1997; which was incidentally scored at Sachin's home ground - MIG, Mumbai!

That's the problem about this genius. The more he does, the more we fans expect. But really, he does not disappoint us, does he!

Congrats once again, Little Master!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed that he should have scored more. But, he did not get strike to score more. Dhoni was on fire and I felt he did not want Sachin to score a double ton :P

    ReplyDelete