Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

End of a Relationship!


A 20-year relationship came to an end last week!

I think it was in '92 or '93. I was working on her account, and the Marketing Head had introduced me to her.

One thing led to another, and soon we were in a relationship.

Time went by, the Marketing team changed, but we kept in close touch.

Then I changed jobs and moved to a different area. I had much lesser time for her, but we still kept in touch, meeting occasionally.

Then I met my future wife and had a 'chat mangni-pat byaah' (a quick marriage) without informing her.

All this while, she was also changing. Perhaps we were outgrowing each other.

Life went on; she made new friends, and so did I. But our relationship continued.

Then in 2003, I introduced her to my wife.

This meeting became the start of the second phase of our relationship - a much more intense phase.

I was abroad for more than three years after that, and we were in touch almost every month of those three years.

My return in Dec 06 and the subsequent work again meant that I could not devote time to her.

We kept in touch off and on, corresponding more on e-mails and phone (initiated nearly always by her, I must confess!) and meeting once in a while when I was in South Mumbai.

I think during this time we must've realised we drifted too far apart, but neither of us was willing to accept it.

Finally, last year, I finally brought up the 'break-up' word.

As expected, there was the usual discussion, 'Let's change this', 'Let's give it one more chance' etc. And we continued for one more year.

Finally we realised. Enough was enough. It would just not work out. We were just too physically far away from each other for a long, long time!

But while it lasted, I must confess, it was a beautiful relationship!

Hope our paths cross again sometime, and we meet again!

(For all you perverts out there, ‘She’ in this case is my HSBC SmartMoneyAccount which I had opened 20 years ago, and converted it to an NRE account with my wife in 03. I just closed my account last week. Heh heh)

2 comments:

  1. Easy for you to say. You walk away and just dust your hands of the whole protracted affair but have you thought of her? She's probably lying waiting in the trash can of an IBM Blade Server waiting for imminent dissolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! No wonder we all love you, Paritosh!

    ReplyDelete